WHAT IS THE ROLE ABOUT?
The General Accountant maintains transparency and accountability by upholding the necessary technicalities and processes in ensuring the financial statements are properly reported and accounted for. Its utmost responsibility is to keep the payables on schedule, while coordinating with government agencies, departments, vendors, and banks. The General Accountant also oversees the necessary accounting records and its own analysis.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Prepares error-free employee payroll
- Prepares monthly Payroll schedules and statements
- Verifies, posts, and reconciles accounts payable and receivable
- Calculate net salaries considering deductions and withholdings
- Update general ledger and payroll files
- Prepare accounting files, records, and schedules
- Monitor paid and unpaid leaves
- Process overtime earnings or holiday deductions
- Resolve payroll problems (e.g. overlooked bank holidays, late payments, etc.)
- Answer and collaborate payroll vendor’s or employee’s questions concerning payroll
- Participate in payroll audits
- Ensure compliance with governmental laws on payroll accounting and taxes
- Ensure payroll and tax documents are accurate
- Processes and attests to the completeness of payroll documents and schedules such as supplier invoice, receiving report, purchase order and request for payment form
- Prepares monthly journal entries for the set-up of salaries, re-charges, and taxes.
- Maintains general ledgers by verifying and posting accounts transactions
- Assists management in making decisions through timely submission of error free monthly payroll report
- Spots errors and suggests ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommends changes
- Manage accounting records and prepare analysis
- Contacts customers to resolve payment issues
- Takes responsibility for coaching and supervising the work of subordinate
- Other accounting duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Perform other official work as instructed by the immediate supervisor/manager.
- Recommend and proactively implement opportunities for increased departmental efficiency.
- Extend work hours when needed.
WHAT SHOULD YOU HAVE?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or any equivalent degree.
- Above average English verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in the same role or equivalent from a BPO or shared-service environment catering to the Financial or Banking Industry.
- Payroll Accounting
- General Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Account Reconciliation
- Variance Analysis
- Spreadsheet proficiency
- Certified Public Accountant is an advantage.
- Strong background in Payroll, Financial Accounting, and Taxation.
- Working knowledge and experience in Cost Accounting.
- Working knowledge and experience in using various accounting tools, software, or a system like Oracle, SAP Business One, Great Plains, Dynamics Navision, NetSuite, or Quickbooks.
- Knows how to prioritize tasks according to the level of criticality.
- Can work with minimal supervision.
- Capable of multi-tasking and efficiently handling pressure.
- Exhibits flexibility in dealing with changes.
- Has excellent critical thinking skills