IT Support and Helpdesk Associate
WHAT IS THE ROLE ABOUT?
The core mission of the Information Technology Helpdesk Specialist is to provide world-class IT support by responding to tickets and requests professionally in a timely manner, resolving tickets and requests efficiently, and ensuring all underlying issues are addressed while also making sure SLA is always met if not exceeded, perform IT-related ad-hoc tasks professionally and effectively, provide both on-site and remote support as needed and maintain strict compliance of PCI DSS security guidelines.
He/she is expected to master the Payreto IT Service Catalogue Support Scope and deal mostly with onboarding and offboarding of employees, hardware/software configuration and troubleshooting, Google administration, Active Directory administration, access management, IT inventory management, and other IT-related tasks. He/She needs to be reliable, process-oriented with great attention to detail, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, able to work with minimal supervision, a fast learner, and not afraid to take on and learn new tasks and skills with high motivation for career growth.
As a specialist, he/she is expected to be a point of escalation and subject matter expert on most if not all topics covered
by the Payreto IT Helpdesk Catalogue, be an expert in Knowledgebase management, and have adequate skills in project
management to perform ad-hoc tasks and projects as the business requires.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- IT Helpdesk Support (60%)
- Respond and resolve tickets, requests, and all issues raised to the IT team in a professional and timely manner, making sure SLA and commitments are met if not exceeded and providing timely updates to end-users if needed.
- Hardware support and configuration (i.e., Laptop, Desktop, Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Printer, etc.)
- Software support and configuration (i.e., Windows 10, Office 365, Google Workspace, etc.)
- End-to-end onboarding support (i.e., hardware procurement, configuration and inventory management, account creation, access management, etc.)
- End-to-end offboarding support (i.e., hardware movement and inventory management, access management, etc.)
- IT Asset Management
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, and software.
- Assign users and computers to proper security groups and maintain security restrictions.
- Perform workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Ensure strict compliance with PCI DSS requirements.
- Knowledgebase/process document creation and management.
- Other Tasks (40%)
- Subject Matter Expert and point of escalation for most if not all IT Helpdesk-related tasks/processes
- Ensure all escalations regarding security, system, or network concerns are raised to the team lead and/or the IT Infrastructure team efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Perform other IT-related ad-hoc tasks as instructed by the team lead or manager.
- Proactively recommend or raise opportunities for improvement.
WHAT SHOULD YOU HAVE?
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 2 years of college majoring in Computer Science, Information Technology or any equivalent course.
- Minimum 2 years related experience providing IT support in an enterprise or corporate environment.
- Average English verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills
- Advanced Hardware configuration and troubleshooting skills/experience (i.e., Laptop, Desktop, Monitor, Mouse,
Keyboard, Printer, etc.)
- Experience in the assembly and disassembly of laptops and desktops
- Advanced Software configuration and troubleshooting skills/experience (i.e., Windows 10, Office 365, Google Workspace, Other peripherical/generic software, etc.)
- Advanced Outlook troubleshooting skills
- Able to use Office 365 applications with advanced proficiency.
- Willing to work on-site when needed
- Fast-learner and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Knows how to prioritize tasks according to the level of criticality
- Able to meet deadlines
- Works well with others
- Hard-working and dynamic
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Not necessarily ITIL certified but some ITIL experience or familiarity
- At least 3 year experience in providing end-to-end IT onboarding and offboarding support
- Familiarity in using any effective ticket management system
- Advanced Experience in Google workspace administration
- Advanced Experience in Active Directory administration
- Advanced Experience in handling network devices such as Routers, Switches, and Wireless AP’s
- Previous SME and/or point of escalation experience
- Previous experience handling IT-related Adhoc tasks
- Can work with minimal supervision.