WHAT IS THE ROLE ABOUT?
The Payroll Accountant is a client servicing accountant of the Operation Department deployed under the Finance as a Service (FaaS) that works directly with the Client’s Payroll in charge, Finance, and its Treasury Department. He/she will prepare employee salary statements and process payments. The payroll Accountant ensures all payroll processing and updating of the payroll files, schedules, and records are in line with the client’s accounting practices, governmental laws, and policies.
Further, the payroll accountant will be under the direct supervision of the Head of Finance and Administrative Services, acting as the Account Manager (AM) for the FaaS. This is to ensure that the client’s Payroll Operations run smoothly, and the financial and Payroll reports are prepared on time.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Prepare monthly government mandatory remittances such as BIR taxes, SSS Premiums and Loans,
- Philhealth Premiums, Pag-ibig Premiums and Loans
- Verifies, posts and reconciles accounts payable and receivable.
- Prepares error-free employee payroll
- Pays vendors by scheduling paychecks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit
- Responds to all vendor’s inquiries regarding finance
- Processes and attests to the completeness of documents such as supplier invoices, receiving reports,
- Purchase order and request for payment form
- Prepares monthly government payable schedules
- Prepares monthly journal entries for the set-up of depreciation, salaries, prepayments, and accruals.
- Maintains general ledgers by verifying and posting accounts transactions
- Supports and assists in preparing the BIR year-end report such as Alphalist of employees and payees
- Prepares monthly financial statements such as Income Statements and Balance Sheet
- Assists management in making decisions through timely submission of error-free Monthly Financial Statement report
- Prepares budget according to schedule.
- Spots errors and suggests ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommends changes
- Manage accounting records and prepare analysis
- Contacts customers to resolve payment issues
- Takes responsibility for coaching and supervising the work of subordinate
- Other accounting duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Perform other official work as instructed by the immediate supervisor/manager.
- Recommend and proactively implement opportunities for increased departmental efficiency.
- Extend work hours when needed.
WHAT SHOULD YOU HAVE?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or any equivalent degree.
- Above average English verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in the same role or equivalent from a BPO or shared-service environment catering to the Financial or Banking Industry.
- Financial Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Reporting Skills
- Experienced with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Experienced with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Experienced with the preparation of Consolidated Reports
- Attention to Detail