Compliance Specialist – AML Transaction Monitoring
WHAT IS THE ROLE ABOUT?
As a Compliance Specialist – AML Transaction Monitoring, you are expected to provide specialized support through data gathering, investigation, and data analysis to resolve simple to complex Compliance-related cases. You are also expected to contribute to the overall performance of the team by providing accurate, concise, and timely reports, and hands-on execution of specialized tasks. You are expected to resolve complex cases appropriate to the account assigned and deliver accurate advice to your client, internal or external.
The successful candidate will use his/her subject matter expertise in aiding risk mitigation by following the client’s rules, policies, and instructions in accordance with AML, CFT, and other legislations. He/She will help Payreto’s financial institution clients in identifying potential financial crimes by determining suspicious transactions and reporting these transactions to the client’s MLRO.
WHAT SHOULD YOU HAVE?
- Ideally with a Bachelor’s degree in Law, Business administration, Accounting, Finance, or another related field.
- At least 2-5 yrs experience in AML Compliance and Transaction Monitoring at least 1 year experience in KYB, KYC (or company due diligence) related work.
- Must have proficiency in MS Office Suite and G Suite (Google).
- Good written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Should understand transactions for a bank, digital wallets, or even crypto.
- Detail-oriented and must have strong cognitive, comprehension, and strong analytical skills as well as a strong desire to learn.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- AML Compliance and Transaction Monitoring
- Perform risk-based investigations on TM alert cases, and identify activity that could be indicative of money laundering, or terrorist financing, following the client’s standard TM investigation process and procedures.
- Analyze customer information and transaction pattern to assess whether the alerting activity is or is not normal in the context of what is expected and known about the customer and who they are transacting with.
- Conduct counterparty screening through the Customer Due Diligence system and review historical transactions.
- Document investigations thoroughly, and record the evidence gathered that supports the conclusion.
- Provide recommendations to the client’s MLRO and provide a rationale for alert closure or escalation.
- Identify and escalates to clients any regulatory compliance risks associated with the file reviews completed
- Perform continuous monitoring of customers including investigating Adverse Media and Politically Exposed Person alerts.
- Communicate with the team as needed to identify additional information needed to support the final disposition of the case.
- Due Diligence (KYB / KYC)
- Review client files for conformance with applicable AML policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Perform required checks (i.e. PEP and Sanction Screening, Adverse Media, Identifying Ultimate Beneficial Owners [UBOJ etc.) in order for Payreto’s client to make a decision on whether to onboard a customer or not.
- Request necessary documentation from Payreto client’s customers/ partners to finalize the due diligence process.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Provide support and functional knowledge as it relates to compliance with applicable AML laws, rules and standards
- Provide support as requested to the client’s MLRO as necessary to resolve compliance issues, including actions in response to Regulatory exam and Audit findings
- Identify and escalates to MRLO any regulatory compliance risks associated with the work/client’s business.
- Train staff regarding compliance, transaction monitoring, and due diligence as and when necessary:
- Evaluate or test software relating to AML compliance and Transaction Monitoring
- Participates in additional projects or initiatives, as directed by Payreto or the client.
- Update procedures/documentation and the team when necessary.
- Client Satisfaction and Account Management
- Find win-win solutions in handling client complaints and escalations in a timely manner.
- Regularly communicate with the client to better understand current and future needs that might generate more revenue for Payreto.
- Exert best efforts to retain clients without compromising Payreto’s operations and profitability.
- Other Tasks
- Assist the client or Payreto supervisors in other ad-hoc tasks as instructed.
- Recommend and proactively implement opportunities for increased compliance assurance departmental efficiency.
- Extend work hours when needed.